Aveleda Parcela do Convento and chocolate mousse ice cream
16 Nov 2023 / Food and Wine Pairing
Autumn has a special flavour with this recipe of chocolate mousse ice cream with hazelnut and pumpkin crumble, specially prepared by Greens & Nuts
, and pair it with Aveleda Parcela do Convento. Get inspired by this creation and share delicious moments with friends and family.Ingredients:
- 200g 70% cocoa chocolate
- 200 ml vegetable drink
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 200g pumpkin
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- To finish: apple, pomegranate and sesame seeds
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, stirring in the vegetable drink.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Add the chocolate to the yolks until you get a smooth cream. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk them together.
- Stir the chocolate cream into the beaten egg whites until you have a creamy, uniform consistency. Place in the freezer for about 3 hours (or until you get the consistency you like best).
- Place the chopped hazelnuts in a frying pan and add a teaspoon of honey. Mix together and allow to caramelise over a medium heat.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and bake in the oven or airfryer at 200ºC for 15 minutes. Place it in a food processor and add the Greek yoghurt, vanilla essence and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend until smooth.
- To serve: start by placing the pumpkin cream on the base. Add the hazelnut crumble and top with 1 tablespoon of the chocolate ice cream. Finish with slices of apple, pomegranate and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with Aveleda Parcela do Convento!
Written by Aveleda